Beth from Anti-Supermom
Rachel from Empowering Mommy
MaryBeth from Baby Good Buys
Sarah from Minnesota Mamas Must Haves
Aubrie from The Buzz 4 Moms
This time we were meeting at the Mall of America’s 77kids store to help promote Wish-4-Snow with Children’s Hospital Charity Program.Last week I kept Buddy out of school for an event so this time it was Doodle’s turn to spend the day with me down at the MOA. It’s so much fun for a mom to play hooky with her kids!
Doodle and I showed up and I was so excited to see the new winter line 77kids has. He went right to the photo making machine.
We had a nice breakfast with the manager, who clearly loves her job. Then I took a lot of time looking through their new boys clothing. The clothing for little girls is simply adorable and makes me wish I had a little girl of my own!
Let me share about the Wish-4-Snow opportunity!
- Customers can donate 77 cents (or more) to benefit their local children’s hospital!
- Customers/kids will receive a snowflake to write their name and wish on, and then they can place the snowflake on the “blizzard wall” in the store for all to see!
- In addition to the snowflake, the customer will get a ‘you done good’ bumper sticker to take with them! The sticker also directs the customer to the interactive Wish-4-Snow microsite (details below).
- From the 77kids homepage and several areas online, customers will be directed to a Wish-4-Snow microsite, featuring a fun “catch the snowflake” game and giving visitors the opportunity to design their own snowflake to help 77kids reach their children’s hospital donation goal!
- 77kids’ goal for the microsite is for visitors to make a total of 100,000 snowflakes.
- If we hit that goal, 77kids will make an additional $25,000 donation to the children’s hospitals on top of the customer donations each store collects during the month!
- You can make as many snowflakes as you want – not just one! You’re asked to submit your contact information only after the first snowflake.
- Creating a snowflake makes you eligible to win a $77 gift card from 77kids (one gift card given away daily!) and enters you to win the ultimate grand prize: an awesome block party for you and 77 pals!!Local benefiting hospitals include:
- Children’s Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
- University Hospital (Cherry Hill/Philadelphia)
- Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital (Syracuse)
- WakeMed Children's Hospital (Raleigh)
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford)
- Children’s Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
I’d like to share with you our experiences, yes plural, with Children’s hospital.
My 7yo has been to Children’s West in Minnesota 2x. The first time he had his umbilical hernia and Ankyloglossia surgery. That second word just means he was tongue tied. It wasn’t a big deal at all and no one would’ve ever known if I hadn’t told them.
His 2nd surgery was to have tubes put in his ears. I’d have to say that surgery took maybe 10 minutes after he was wheeled into the room. The doc warned me it would be quick!
Having these surgeries done at the Children’s Hospital West was such an amazing experience. They really took care of us and knew how to interact with their patients.
Trust me, Doodle also had his adenoids and tonsils taken out at another hospital and it was a completely different experience. I have no idea what I was thinking, but that’s why this past January he went back to Children’s Hospital for his ear tubes.
Required: Make a snowflake at the Charity’s Microsite.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 yrs or older. Please leave your email in the required entry or have it available in your profile. No email/contact = No entry. Giveaway ends 12/6 11:59 PST. Winner has 48 hours to respond.
Follow Marvelous Mom Reviews (1 entry)
Subscribe to MMR (2 entries, comment 2x)
Follow my Networked Blogs sidebar (1 entry)
Like MMR on Facebook sidebar (1 entry)
Like 77kids on Facebook (1 entry)
Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
Follow 77kids on Twitter (1 entry)
Tweet this giveaway (1 entry daily) “RT #WIN $50 Gift Certificate to #77kids and help out Children’s Hospital by making a snowflake! #giveaway @bigguysmama http://bit.ly/dAt6bh“
Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry each)
I’d like to thank TheMotherhood.com for connecting us with 77kids. I was given a gift card to use at the event and a stipend for my time involved in the event. In no way are my opinions based on these two items. The giveaway is provided by TheMotherhood.com and 77kids.