"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” author Spencer Johnson


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Milano Moments: Savoring The Sweetness of Life

Pepperidge_Farm_logo This summer has been a busy one for me. It’s the first year neither of my daughters have been home to help with the boys.

Thankfully I have neighbors to help and the boys are old enough to spend some time alone with rules to follow.

232323232fp53238_nu=43;___;5_23__WSNRCG=3264_6897532;nu0mrj The boys have been able to go up to great grandma’s a couple of times to spend time with the extended family including cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so on.

Unfortunately, I only got to go up once over the weekend. It was the first weekend I had been disconnected from the computer and cell phone since I don’t know when.

My sister-in-law and her kids had made the trip up from IL. She and I have never really gotten to spend a lot of time together.

So, while our kids were playing with each other, we took the canoe out to the lake and headed to the reeds. We were searching for the “secret lake” that we’d heard about.

IMG_3390 We felt like kids again, but our bodies weren’t enjoying the paddling so much! We got to the reeds and kept going and going.

Becky and I had time to talk and share and spend some wonderful time together as sisters. I wish we would’ve had a camera to take photos of our adventure!

We never made it to the secret lake because the reeds just kept going on and on. We’d come around another bend and NOTHING! So we turned around and headed back.

Aside from our chit chat it was so calm and peaceful. We weren’t in a hurry. The kids were with their grandparents and we were taking in the serene setting. We literally stopped rowing at the same time to just take it all in. Peaceful and tranquil.

Quiet moments with no requirements is what I would call sweetness in life for this single mom! That’s something I rarely get to enjoy. I need to make more time for them, that’s for sure!

Do you have a moment from summer that made you stop to savor the sweetness of life? If so, I’d love to hear about it.

bushel%20uncropped Speaking of sweetness, Milano has a new cookie called Strawberry Milano. Sounds heavenly! How would you like a $1 off coupon so you can try these out?

$1 off coupon

You can also visit the  Pepperidge Farm Milano Facebook Page(http://bit.ly/MilanoFacebook) for more special offers and discounts.

One2One Badges

I’d like to thank the One2One Network and Pepperidge Farm for the opportunity to win a gift certificate by sharing my Sweetness of Life story from this summer.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! If you are entering a Giveaway PLEASE leave a way to conact you such as mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com or some other form like that to avoid spammers. Blessings to all who visit.