"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” author Spencer Johnson


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Need Your Advice On Smartphones

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I mentioned that my Verizon contract was coming up and I wanted to get a Smartphone.

On August 12th, my day to renew came and I headed to the local Verizon store to check out the Droid X versus the HTC Incredible.

As I was sitting there, the UPS guy showed up and left a package. The store wasn’t open yet.

When they opened at 10am I headed in and started handling the merchandise! I liked the Motorola Droid X for the most part. I heard recently that the most popular phones were the Droids, then the Blackberry and finally the iPhone.

Motorola DROID 2The manager was opening the UPS package and showed me the Droid 2 that was hitting shelves THAT DAY! Do I have great timing or what?

I decided to be responsible and not make an impulse purchase, even tho I had been looking at Smartphones for a while. I backed away from the store and headed home.

Decided to do some research through Swagbucks. I searched “Droid 2” and only found one article that really discussed the phone.

Not only did it discuss the Droid 2 it talked about the…

imageDroid2 R2-D2 phone coming out in September. A Star Wars Droid? Are you kidding me?

My kids would go berserk!

So I started researching that phone. Guess what I came up with?

A whole lotta nothin’!

No photos!

No specs!

Nada!

Yesterday I figured I’d do research on the Droid again since it had been out for a week. Guess what? I found information (singing that word)!

Sure, it comes with some cool Star Wars apps, but visually, eh, not so impressed. The back looks like R2-D2. Stark white with R2-D2 colors.

So, here’s my quandary. Do I wait until the E-N-D of next month for the R2-D2 Droid that’s a limited edition and possibly not even get it (because I don’t know how many there are) OR do I go ahead and get the Droid 2?

IMG_3453 IMG_3454 Have I mentioned that since April or so, my battery only lasts about 10 minutes, if I’m lucky? Sometimes it’s a bit more, but often it’s a lot less. My Motorola KRZR is 2 yrs old. It’s on its last leg.

I believe they have all the same features, just the look, limited edition, and Star Wars apps will be different.

I’m still waiting to hear from Verizon. I sent them a pitch to see if they’d be my sponsor. Hopefully my loyalty as a customer will override the low number of followers I have. =)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the sponsorship. I am an iPhone fanatic because everyone in NYC is one, we may think we are leaders here but we are actually followers.

    for reviews of phones, check out david pogue from the New York Times, I always find hes pretty on target.

    http://www.nycsinglemom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! If you are entering a Giveaway PLEASE leave a way to conact you such as mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com or some other form like that to avoid spammers. Blessings to all who visit.