"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” author Spencer Johnson


Thursday, December 16, 2010

SWAGG Mobile App Review & Stand Up To Cancer Donations

SWAGGLogo I’ve never done an App review before for my fabulous Droid2, so I was very interested in trying SWAGG out.

SWAGG is available for Androids and Apple mobile devices. It was easy to download onto my phone.

Since my Droid2 is only a few months old I still have a bit of a learning curve with mobile apps. So far I’ve only really downloaded games for my boys to play.Swagg screenshotSo, what is SWAGG?

SWAGG allows consumers to import more than 250 brands of gift cards and rewards cards and, unlike plastic cards, SWAGG permits consumers to view available balance and reward information on most of these cards. Additionally, consumers can use their mobile device to give, get and even exchange SWAGG GIFTS from participating merchant partners such as American Apparel Inc., The Wet Seal Inc., Crocs Inc., 1-800-Flowers.com and Arden B. Through SWAGG, consumers can access the offers that matter most to them, connecting users with more than 3,000 retailers. Retailers benefit by acquiring new customers, increasing in-store business and retaining existing customers.

Here’s the chance for you to help Stand Up To Cancer, a wonderful cause!

DOWNLOAD FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Every download through the month of December = $1 donation from SWAGG to Stand Up 2 Cancer.

Now for my review. I tried navigating through the app and had kind of a hard time. I think once there’s money in your SWAGG account it’s easier to find your way through the tabs.

So what can you do with the SWAGG app? You can add any Rewards Cards you have stuffed in your purse or wallet. Instead of going to a store to get a Gift Card, you can give SWAGG to someone (in the United States) on their phone. swagg 2 screen shot

SWAGG and I started off on the wrong foot. Let’s just say I was a “test case” for SWAGG, who started up just before Thanksgiving.That’s what I’m here for people. *grin*

As you can imagine, any company just starting out, especially with mobile apps, is going to run into a few glitches that need to be fixed.

What was my glitch? I went to American Eagle, which is one of the companies SWAGG works with. While there I transferred my $20 SWAGG to an American Eagle card. The awesome manager at the AE store was a huge help in this.

Unfortunately the credit card kept being declined. Thankfully, SWAGG has their 877 number available in the app (below the card in fact) so we called them. Unfortunately, the rep wasn’t able to help us and I walked away without a purchase.

I was told they’d call within 24 hours, but I didn’t hear from them so I called back. At first the gal couldn’t find any of my information and said the supervisor would be calling me back, which she did. The supervisor went through all the information she found and called me back knowing exactly what was going on with my case.

I tell you what, when you have good customer service, it makes everything else seem insignificant! Amy was phenomenal and really worked through this with me. When we get to VA I’m going to an American Eagle there to try the card again.

If I remember I’ll come back and give an update! =)

I think the idea of SWAGG is fantastic. The idea of using an app instead of carrying around a bunch of gift card I think is a great one. It can be used online or in stores they work with.

I know that with time, SWAGG is going to be a major factor in taking the place of gift cards. I think they’re on the road to something good and I will be more than happy to use SWAGG instead of gift cards from now on!

I’d like to thank Mom Bloggers Club for the opportunity to work with SWAGG. I was given $20 to use for the review. The opinions expressed are my own and never influenced by the company.

0 thoughtful replies:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! If you are entering a Giveaway PLEASE leave a way to conact you such as mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com or some other form like that to avoid spammers. Blessings to all who visit.